Build confidence and have fun while improving your English language skills and learning about U.S. culture. This course will emphasize conversational English, so come prepared to TALK! We will focus on vocabulary, pronunciation and listening skills, to help you use your English in the “real world.”
Classes will cover different common situations, such as:
· “Small talk” in social settings (business receptions, school events, parties, attending services at houses of worship, etc.)
· Emergencies: dealing with police, fire, ambulance, hospitals
· Transportation: understanding road signs, asking for directions, going to the gas station, using public transportation, making travel reservations, etc.
· Going out to restaurants
· Speaking with school personnel and other officials
· Daily errands: going shopping, to the post office, bank, etc.
Students are welcome to suggest additional topics!